What to bring?
1. Trip documents. - The only necessary document is a Participant Card. This document will be generated by our system after successfull registration to the camp. Please remember to bring this document, because without it we will not be able to accept the participant at the camp.
2. BMX bicycle. A proper bike is essential. Before leaving, it is worth checking whether the bicycle is made to meet current standards (for more information: www.jakibmx.pl) and that all parts are working properly lubricate the bearings, centre the wheels, lubricate the chain, set the brake, pump up the tyres etc.
3. Protectors – due to frequent impact in the area of the tibia, knees, ankles and elbows it’s recommended when riding BMX to use protectors for the above mentioned parts of the body. Protectors should be well matched in size, which means they rigidly cling to the body, but do not hurt and allow easy movement. It is also worth obtaining a mouthguard.
4. Footwear – appropriate footwear is essential. The shoe should have a flat, even sole and be comfortable. Due to the frequent physical exercise, we recommend bringing two pairs of shoes.
5. Clothing (above all comfortable):
- a large amount of t-shirts
- long trousers
- swimming trunks
- baseball cap
6. Helmet – proper size is important. The helmet should rigidly stick to the head, but not constrict. It is advisable to get a proper BMX helmet or one that protects the top of the head but also the base of the skull. Ordinary cycling and other helmets are not suitable for BMX.
7. Personal hygiene:
A small amount of money will be needed by the camper for small daily expenses such as drinks and sweets.
9. Good humour and a positive attitude.